Thursday 25 April 2013

24. GAME ON BABY...


I shall speak glowingly of Stanton Bikes one more time - So the money went through, my highly rated Top Aussie Dollars changed through the magic of the international banking system into English Pounds (though inevitably I didn’t get quite what I thought I should of got – dirty thieving bankers) and mere days later the box containing my new frame was sitting waiting for pick up at the delightful Wollombi General Store all shiny and new. Impressive.

The next time you are looking to purchase an obscure niche bicycle frame from another country as opposed to simply popping into a shop and buying one with all the bits attached you would do a lot worse than give Dan at Stanton Bikes a call....email....whatever.

As an added bonus, my daughter seems to have moved into the box in which the frame arrived, allowing me to rent out her room to a student (who has a car that can cope with our driveway and doesn’t mind driving for 2 hours to the nearest University).

Of course sitting it on my lap and gazing at it for hours on end, while entertaining up to a point, will I suppose, get boring sooner or later. Which means I’ll have to start attaching bits to it in order to increase its usefulness as a form of transport. Wheels might be useful for instance. And handlebars (possibly some brake levers to mount on them). 

But not just yet.

So pretty.....

It's blue. It's white. It's fairly light.

Check it out. In case I crash and sustain a memory crippling concussion in the process, they have written the name of the bike in lovely running writing on the side. Brilliant.
A thing of beauty. Now all I need is a bottom bracket to put in there through which I can place a crankset and some pedals on that and a chain around the chain ring and muahahahahahaha! Sorry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment